Monday, June 21, 2010

change of plans

Well, I got the letter today, and I didn't get accepted at Fuller. I've been kind of expecting it these last few days since I hadn't been called for an interview, but now my hunch has been confirmed.

I'm surprised I don't feel more distressed. I feel okay, I really do. I feel like this is God's way of guiding me--by closing this door. And it's alright with me. I trust him.

Yesterday, Paul and I got to talking about stress. As far as we know today, many health conditions are initiated by stress, and it's all together a bad thing. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil. 4:6

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

As Christians, what do we really have to worry about? There's no fear in death, because we are saved. God loves us and will provide for all our needs. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?

It's so amazing, the safety we have in Christ.

1 comment:

Liz Chang said...

amen - there's no need to worry! now, about waiting on the Lord... that's a tough one